From Ipswich City Council alerts to the latest updates on road closures from Transport and Main Roads, West Bremer Radio has put together a list of helpful information sources to help Ipswich navigate the 2022 Ipswich Floods.
Ipswich City Council has teamed up with the Early Warning Network to provide residents with a free early warning alert service via sms or email.
Does it cost anything?
Council covers the cost of my ipswich alerts – there is no fee to access alerts.
About the smart phone app
- The smartphone app is available for android devices through the google play store and apple devices in the apple app store
- The my ipswich alertssmartphone app provides additional features to assist residents, including:
- Weather alerts from across australia based on your gps location as well as your registered residential address
- My location display, capturing your gps coordinates and estimated address
- Emergency calls to triple zero:000, ses:132 500, police:131 444, 24-hour gps capturing caller’s gps coordinates/estimate address
- Weather radar access based on the resident’s location
- Image and video uploads to council
Keep up-to-date with the latest information on disasters, road conditions, weather conditions, power outages and more at the Disaster Dashboard – http://www.disaster.ipswich.qld.gov.au
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210.
A Flood Watch and multiple Flood Warnings are current across Queensland and priority warnings are in place for parts of Southeast Queensland.
For more details, please visit www.bom.gov.au/qld/warnings
Remember: If it’s flooded, forget it.