We’re 4 Community was foundered by 3 organizations: Ipswich Foodbarn, CSI Natalia Onoprichuk and their chef’s Chris Celere and Shaun Green, and Helping Support Minds.
We’re 4 Community is committed to supporting the homeless of Ipswich through a range of targeted supports and programs aimed at working towards long term solutions to create generational change.
We’re 4 Community currently provides hot meal services to the homeless twice per week at Browns Park , North Ipswich.
Tuesday Nights 3.30pm to 5pm and Wednesday Morning 7am to 8.30am.
The Ipswich Foodbarn supplies the food, CSI Chef’s do the cooking and Helping Support Minds do the welfare checks and referrals.
The Ipswich Foodbar and We’re 4 Community are seeing 4,500 people per week for food, hampers, and other assistance.
I was able to get 300 Pfizer per day for 6 weeks to be administered at the Ipswich Foodbarn starting from Monday 20th September from 8am till 5.pm
These Pfizer vaccines are for anyone who is homeless, couch surfers, low economic, anyone with a disable and their careers, and anyone with a mental health issue, plus we will vaccinate anyone who works in this sector.
We will be vaccinating anyone from 12 years old right up to 80 plus pending on health.
These are the dates and times.
- Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN on behalf of the Commonwealth Department of Health are collaborating with Ipswich Foodbarn and We’re 4 Community to host a six-week COVID-19 Vaccine Hub for people who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness in September/October.
- Additional groups are also eligible to receive the vaccine at the Hub, including:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples
- aged care workers, residents, and carers
- disability workers, participants, and carers
- culturally, ethnically, and linguistically diverse people
- people who do not have a Medicare card or are not eligible for Medicare including farm workers, and
- people in rural and remote areas with limited healthcare options.
- The Hub will be held at the Ipswich Foodbarn at 1 Darling Street, East Woodend, Ipswich.
- The PHN, Ipswich Foodbarn and We’re 4 Community will work closely with community organisations in the coming weeks to support people to access the hub to receive their vaccine.
- Dates and times:
- Dose 1 – Monday, 20 September through to Friday, 24 September – 8am – 5pm
- Dose 1 – Monday, 27 September through to Friday, 1 October – 8am – 5pm
- Dose 1 – Monday, 4 October through to Friday, 8 October – 8am – 5pm
- Dose 2 – Monday, 11 October – Friday, 15 October – 8am – 5pm
- Dose 2 – Monday, 18 October – Friday, 22 October – 8am – 5pm
- Dose 2 – Monday, 25 October – Friday, 29 October – 8am – 5pm
- People will be able to make a booking online, walk-in and/or through Ipswich Foodbarn and other community organisations.
- Ensuring vulnerable people in the community have access to the COVID-19 vaccine continues to be a priority for Darling Downs and West Moreton PHN.